Help create solutions as part of an engineering team. Work to find defects, determine the causes of those defects and provide solutions to defected problems. The Quality Engineer has several other duties and responsibilities, some of which include:
- Determining quality improvement factors
- Implementing methods to inspect, test and evaluate the reliability of manufacturing processes, products and production equipment
- Making sure processes adhere to quality standards
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
- Working in accordance with deadlines for delivery of products or software
Responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating Swiss Lathe and machining centers to fabricate parts and components while maintaining quality and safety standards. First and second shift openings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up, adjust, and operate basic machine tools and/or advanced variation tools to ensure precision machining operations.
- Apply knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout and machining procedures to produce quality precision parts.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to produce parts, determine dimensions and tolerances as needed.
- Oversee machine operation and make necessary adjustments to produce product.
- Monitor and verify parts to ensure conformance to engineer drawings and quality standards.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including tool setup and operation, process verification, product inspection, documentation, and material handling.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to professionally communicate and work well with others.
- Requires high attention to detail and the ability to focus on safety, quality and productivity.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, customer specifications and instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic work environment.
Previous experience is preferred but consideration will be given to all applicants with superior work ethic and a positive attitude.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Read and interpret blue prints, work instructions and other engineering information to determine the machining process and sequence of operations
▪ Measure dimensions and tolerances using hand measuring tools
▪ Machine parts to specifications on a CNC Chucker lathe
▪ Setup and adjust holding fixtures, machine tools and work material in accordance to work instructions with assistance
▪ Check and maintain machine cutting tools for adequacy in operation
▪ Calculate and monitor speed and feeds of the machine with assistance
▪ Conduct proper inspection of first-run and in-process parts
▪ Accurate record keeping- log information on scraped parts and complete production routers accordingly
▪ Setup and adjust holding fixtures, machine tools and work material in accordance to work instructions
▪ Calculate and monitor speed and feeds of the machine
▪ Maintain a safe and clean working environment
▪ Ensure the quality of machined parts
▪ High School Diploma or equivalent
▪ Ability to machine parts to specifications on a CNC Chucker Lathe – Okuma OSP or FANUC controls experience preferred
▪ Knowledge of machine tools and design
▪ Read and understand basic G and M codes
▪ Ability to communicate effectively as mandated by job functions
▪ Ability to load or unload materials and parts from machines
▪ Ability to read and interpret blue prints
▪ Experience using hand held measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and bore gauges
▪ Ability to perform in-process inspection
▪ Ability to actively listen to and carry out work instructions
▪ Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and effectively share information in a timely fashion
▪ Ability to think critically- use logic, critical thinking and deductive reasoning to solve problems
▪ Proficient in algebra and trigonometry
▪ Lifting up to 50lbs may be required